Is fully loving yourself hard?
You bet it is!
Can other people tell when you don’t love yourself?
Are you ready to show up Confidently? Bravely? Boldly?
I think you are.
But how do you get there?
It starts with loving yourself, my friend.
With no reservation.
With unabashed affection for who you are.
It doesn’t mean you are conceited.
It’s about loving your God-given talents and special qualities.
It’s not feeling guilty.
It’s about celebrating yourself as a powerful woman who can do anything.
And it’s not apologizing for who you are.
That phase is over!
It’s all about learning to strut your self-love, just like a super-model on the runway.
Putting yourself out there.
Taking in the love from the crowd.
But more importantly, feeling proud of yourself for being brave enough to take the walk in the first place.
Are you ready to leave your old thoughts and stories behind you and start loving yourself?
Well, here are 6 Ways You Can Become a Supermodel of Self-Love:
- STEP BACK AND FIGURE OUT WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT YOU
- Start to make a list of the qualities that make you who you are. If you don’t know what is special about you, that’s okay! Ask someone close to you. I bet they will have a lot to tell you and will be honest. Don’t be afraid to ask – tell them you are doing some powerful work on yourself and want them to participate with you in that quest. They will be honored and you will be taking steps to model self-love.
- FIGURE OUT WHERE YOU MIGHT BE HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT
- Do you have times in your life when you feel you are retreating? Are there activities or discussions you shy away from because you lack confidence or feel less than worthy to participate? You are not alone. However, you are missing out on opportunities to add value and shine! When you are hiding, it’s impossible for others to see how wonderful you are and how much you have to offer. In order to model self-love, you have to stop hiding and show yourself in the light of day.
- PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD EVEN WHEN YOU DON’T FEEL LIKE IT
- I used to say, “I might not feel good, but I look good”. I always said it as a joke, but there was a shred of truth buried in that statement. When you do things that are hard even when you don’t feel like doing so, your actions can help ignite a spark of, “I can do anything”! What better way to show self-love than to blow the lid off of the thoughts that keep you limited and playing small.
- CRAFT A VISION OF HOW YOU WANT TO SHOW UP
- What better way to show self-love than to create a vision of how you want to live your life. Your personal vision becomes a powerful touchstone for you in your quest to love yourself and determine what needs to happen for you to realize your potential. How you show up will be the key to how close you get to achieving your vision. Does your vision require boldness, bravery, and/or kindness and compassion for yourself? Whatever it takes to achieve your vision, THAT should be the way you show up. Your vision becomes your roadmap to model self-love.
- DO SOMETHING THAT YOU’RE AFRAID OF
- I’m not talking about bungee-jumping or sky-diving here (although that may be your thing…), but something you have been avoiding out of fear. We all have that “thing” we shy away from that keeps us from playing bigger in our own lives. Think about what that might be for you and recognize that the price for doing that “thing” may not be as high as you might think. Now you’re really showing self-love, baby!
- SHOW UP POWERFULLY IN FRONT OF PEOPLE THAT INTIMIDATE YOU –
- Once you try some of these other strategies, you will be ready to show up powerfully in front of others. You see, self-love can help you strut your stuff in a way that is powerful and authentic. BUT, we have to stop feeling that we don’t deserve to feel proud and worthy – these feelings undermine our self-love.
So, are you ready for your runway debut?
You are well-prepared and I can’t wait to hear what you are up to, so be sure to fill me in by sharing your thoughts in the comments section!
If you liked this blog, you will love participating with my Facebook group called Worthy and Wise Women. I’ve created a safe place for us to discuss what is on our mind, particularly the conversations we crave – the ones we have trouble having with those around us. Please feel free to join us – Click below and I’ll approve your request right away!
I’m Tina Meilleur and a Leadership and Business Mentor, author and speaker. I am also the founder of Design Your Success and the Academy for Business Success. My mission is helping high achievers match their desires, skills and experiences with success on their terms. My “Next Chapter” program and CRAVE™ process are systematic approaches for making simple “tweaks” or orchestrating a total reinvention. I am the author of Your Next Chapter: Five Steps to Creating the Life of Your Dreams to help others build anything they want into their life. I have a CPA designation in the State of Louisiana and received my MBA from Tulane University in their Executive MBA program. I’m a highly sought-after mentor, coach, facilitator, and speaker. You can reach out to me at Tina@DesignYourSuccess.com.