What happens when your business gets in the way? What goes by the wayside? You look up and a month has passed. What happened?
It happens to all of us. You can take control and create a routine to help you stay on top of things.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Start with your aspiration. What do you want to have accomplished at the end of 2023? It can be a lofty goal AND you don’t have to understand the “how” right away.
- Make a plan! It doesn’t have to have everything worked out. Keep it simple. Start with your aspiration and lay out your plans by quarter. Where would you like to be at the end of each quarter?
- What help do you need to get things done? Do you have the right resources to call on to assist? If not, put together a scope of work to see what you can offload so you can focus on your “business owner” activities that bring in money.
- Spread your energy across activities that are “revenue-producing” and those that are “foundational”. Revenue-producing activities are self-explanatory, but “foundational” activities are those that help you prepare for future business development or revenue opportunities.
- Lay out your business budget and monitor your financial performance. Are your revenues tracking in accordance with your plan? What about your expenses? Are you watching everything in real-time to ensure you aren’t experiencing any issues or renewing subscriptions that you may no longer need?
These few items simply scratch the surface! It takes monitoring a lot of moving parts to keep things going.
If you want to talk about any of these steps individually or in context, please feel free to schedule a complimentary targeted call with me. You can schedule it here.